The Charlestown Common Council met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 6:30 pm. Following is a summary of the meeting with audio available at the end (6:13).
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance led by Chris Spencer, recent graduate of Purdue University.
- Invocation led by: LC McCawley of the Charlestown Church of God
- Determination of a Quorum and Roll Call: Members present were Ted Little, Brian Hester, Mike Vaughn, Tina Barnes, and JT Cox. Also in attendance were Mayor Bob Hall, Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer, and city attorney Michael Gillenwater.
- Approval of the evening’s agenda, prior meeting’s minutes, current claims, and payroll allowance docket 05/12/2019 to 06/01/2019 combined into one motion for consideration.
- Motion to approve made by Brian Hester
- Seconded by JT Cox
- No Discussion
- Unanimous Approval *Initial vote repeated after an error on the first vote
- Mayor’s update
- Police department should be turned over to the city at the end of the month and they are planning tours over the period of a week.
- Founders Day is June 21-22
- Parks in Heritage Place and Ashley Springs will be finished by the end of the month. They are still working on lots in Danbury Oaks and Woodford Farms.
- Renaissance Project is set to close on Friday, June 7. They hope to break ground late July or early August.
- At this point there is nothing planned for the second meeting of the month.
- Motion to adjourn made by JT Cox
- Seconded by Brian Hester
- Unanimous Approval
Audio available here: