The Charlestown Redevelopment Commission met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, March 14 at 9:00am. Following is a summary and audio (10:13) of the meeting:
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
- Determination of a Quorum and Roll Call: Members present were Mayor Bob Hall, Ted Little, Eric Vaughn, George Roberts, and new member Pat Glotzbach of New Washington State Bank, who replaces John Spencer on the Commission. Also in attendance was Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer
- Approval of prior meeting’s Minutes, current claims, and Payroll Allowance Docket from 02/11/2019 to 03/10/2019 combined into one motion for approval
- Motion to approve made by George Roberts
- Seconded by Eric Vaughn
- No Discussion
- Unanimous approval
- Mayor’s Updates
- Renaissance Project – Due diligence is due by April 1. Paul Wheatley and company have been organizing this effort. Ground breaking is currently scheduled for May. Mayor Hall said that Paul Wheatley has been very active and has brought several people to town who might be interested in building and developing in town. Mr. Glotzbach spoke to Paul Wheatley’s connections in the community and his experience as a redevelopment director.
- L&M Bag Co – They have a signed agreement and it is scheduled to close within 60 days if the contract receives approval by the city attorney.
- Motion to adjourn made by Eric Vaughn
- Seconded by George Roberts