The Charlestown Planning and Zoning Commission met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, March 11 at 6:30 pm. Following is a summary of the meeting with full audio available at the end.
- Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
- Determination of Order: Members present were, Brian Hester, John Spencer, Darrell Stidham, and (new member) Zach Payne. Also in attendance was city zoning officer, Tony Jackson. Ben Ledbetter and Bill Resch were absent.
- New Business
- Introduction of new Board Member – John Spencer introduced Zach Payne as a new member to the commission. (At the previous meeting it was discussed that John Heal intended to step down.)
- Introduction of Zoning Map – Tony Jackson presented the updated city zoning map to account for the recent change from Residential to Business for Ace Hardware on County Road 403 by Taco Bell. He explained the meaning of the various zoning areas on the map and discussed the most recent annexation and those land owners who elected not to annex into the City.
- Motion to adjourn made by Zach Payne
- Seconded by Brian Hester
- Unanimous agreement