The Charlestown Board of Public Works met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9:00 am. Following is a summary and full audio (4:31) of the meeting.
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
- Determination of a Quorum and Roll Call – Members in attendance were Mayor Bob Hall, Ted Little, and Ben Ledbetter. Also in attendance were Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer and city attorney Michael Gillenwater
- Approval of Minutes, current claims, and Payroll Allowance Docket from 02/18/2019 to 03/03/2019 combined into one motion for approval
- Motion to approve made by Ben Ledbetter
- Seconded by Ted Little
- No Discussion
- Unanimous Approval
- City Engineer Update: Shane Spicer spoke about Waste Water Treatment. They have initiated a trial of some chemicals to stay in compliance with phosphorous levels. They are testing at the plant and will gather 2-3 weeks of data and send to IDEM at which point they should get a permit. If this doesn’t work they will need to add filtration. Michael Gillenwater asked if they are using Rare Earth? Mr. Spicer said no, that they found something cheaper, a coagulant similar to what you find at a water treatment plant. The end result is to pull out more solids and if you can’t get it through chemicals you need to use filtration. The current chemical treatment will cost $2,500 a month. He anticipates the chemical will work.
- Mayor Hall Update: Eric Vaughn is currently designing three parks for Heritage, Lakeview/Highview, and Ashley Springs subdivisions. He will present them at the next meeting.
- Motion to adjourn made by Ted Little
- Seconded by Ben Ledbetter
- Unanimous approval
*Following adjournment Mayor Hall announced that they will close on the water sale tomorrow.