The Charlestown Redevelopment Commission met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, October 25 at 9:00am. Following is a summary and full audio of the meeting:
- Call to order/Pledge of Allegiance – led by Eric Vaughn
- Determination of a Quorum and Roll Call: Members present were John Spencer, Ted Little, George Roberts, Eric Vaughn, and Mayor Bob Hall. Also in attendance were Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer and city attorney Michael Gillenwater.
- Approval of prior meeting’s minutes, current claims, and payroll allowance docket from 09/24/2018 to 10/21/2018 combined into one motion for consideration.
- Motion to approve made by John Spencer
- Seconded by Eric Vaughn
- No Discussion
- Unanimous Approval
- Item of business – approval of additional claims for Springville Manor sidewalk and curb work payable to Lawyer Excavation, Inc. in the amounts of $9,162.30 and $18,688.00 for a total of $27,850.30.
- Motion to approve claims made by John Spencer
- Seconded by George Roberts
- During discussion Ted Little observed that the price reflected a reduction of costs. Mayor Hall confirmed that the work is near completion with only fencing and lighting work remaining. The Mayor said that he gets calls nearly daily from people who are interested in purchasing a home in Springville Manor. Currently there are two people from Pleasant Ridge working through the purchase process but eventually the city will open the remaining homes to anyone over the age of 55. John Spencer reminded that the group needed to call for the vote.
- Motion received unanimous approval.
- Motion to adjourn made by Eric Vaughn
- Seconded by Ted Little
- Unanimous approval
Full audio available (4:27) here: