The Charlestown Board of Public Works met for a regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, July 2, 2018 at 9:00 am. Following is a summary of the meeting with full audio (7:31) available at the end:
- Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
- Determination of a Quorum and Roll Call – present were Ted Little, Ben Ledbetter, and Bob Hall. Attorney Michael Gillenwater was also present.
- Approval of Minutes from previous meeting, current claims, and payroll allowance docket from 06/17/2018 to 07/01/2018 combined into one motion for consideration.
- Motion to approve made by Ben Ledbetter
- Seconded by Ted Little
- No Discussion
- Unanimous approval
- Colonial Life Insurance – Heather Castleman came to offer supplemental (gap) insurance for city employees. This insurance would be in addition to what they receive as benefits from the city and at the cost of the individual employee. As a thank you for being allowed to give employees quotes the company is offering one year of MD Live free. This service allows people to call and speak to a physician at any time for advice and even prescriptions. Mayor Hall said that he would present the information to Human Resources and have them get in touch with Ms. Castleman.
- Shane Spicer update – they have solicited quotes for bank stabilization at Greenway Park from a few companies but did not receive quotes and will have to pursue a new plan.
- motion made by Ben Ledbetter
- seconded by Ted Little
- unanimous approval
Full audio (7:31) available here: