*EDIT* – see response notes below
On Monday, February 5, I reached out to the Clark County Voter Registration Office and spoke to Susan Popp who confirmed the following:
A “Certificate of Selection” for the resignation of Council Member At-Large Eric Vaughn and subsequent appointment of J.T. Cox to the vacant position was filed in her office on Friday, February 2, according to Indiana Code IC 3-13-11. The appointment was the result of a caucus held that same day.
*Worth noting – Since hearing rumor of this change on Friday night I reached out to all of the following people to get confirmation:
- Mayor Bob Hall – no response
- Council Member (former) Eric Vaughn – no response
- Council Member Mike Vaughn – no response
- Council Member Ted Little – no response
- Council Member Brian Hester – returned call, had not been notified of change
- Council Member Tina Barnes – returned message, had not been notified of change
- Clark County Republican Chairperson Jamey Noel –
no responseJamey Noel responded to my email after this post was made public and confirmed that J.T. Cox was selected by caucus and that he had received Eric Vaughn’s resignation.
- Charlestown Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer – returned message and confirmed change
- Voter Registration Office (Susan Popp) – returned call and confirmed all details of appointment and filing of paperwork.